WELCOME OHDELA FAMILY!
We are so excited that you have chosen OHDELA! The first three days of school will consist of orientation. All sessions are required, and you will be getting emails prior with live links!
If you requested a laptop from OHDELA during the enrollment process it should be arriving this week Wednesday through Friday via UPS.
EMAIL COMMUNICATION COMING YOUR WAY:
(PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM AND JUNK FOLDERS OF YOUR EMAIL BOX. ONBOARDING MESSAGES WILL COME FROM SWIFTK12, SWIFTREACH, or POWERSCHOOL):
- Welcome email/phone-call sent
- Learning Coach University Handbook email is sent
- How to Sign into your CANVAS/DASHBOARD
- Live ORIENTATION Links and CREDENTIALS email is sent.
SET UP YOUR INBOX TO RECEIVE EMAILS FROM US:
Check your SPAM and JUNK mail and enable email communications from OHDELA
If you don’t know how to do this:
- Click the settings wheel in the upper right corner of your Gmails
- Click “See All Settings”
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses
- Check the email you wish to unblock
- Select “UNBLOCK SELECTED ADDRESSES
RESOURCES TO VIEW BEFORE ORIENTATION!
During Orientation, your student will be completing modules, watching lots of videos, and playing many games. Here are some videos to give you a taste of what is to come. Your student can get a jump start on watching them here. These will help answer questions, but are not required viewing before the live session:
- How to Sign into Google: https://youtu.be/aXVZqOIPclk
- Your Canvas Dashboard: https://youtu.be/EKn4adX06CQ
- Orientation Overview: https://youtu.be/2HSaXQ9kHms
- How to Contact Tech Support 22-23: https://youtu.be/PikwG-HUeWE
An Orientation packet will be pushed out to every student who attends the live orientation and sent in the learning coach email.
Finally, check it out if you are having issues connecting your devices: https://4amphlp.accelschools.com/goodstart/
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR STUDENT
- Onboarding Coach – Helps you with your first week of school!
- Engagement Coach – This coach will schedule your student and work with you all school year to ensure that your student is engaged in school!
- Classroom Teachers – Will give quality instruction during live sessions and help you when you need extra assistance on an assignment or lesson.
- Attendance Support Specialist – This person is here to let you know if you are reaching any of the attendance benchmarks! Make sure to have your email set up to notify you!
We would like to thank you for choosing OHDELA! We are excited to share our school with you and are committed to making your family our priority.
Your Onboarding Team