Dear OHDELA Families:
At OHDELA, the safety and security of all of our students is our number one priority. While we strive to provide for the safest and most secure learning environment, we also must adapt as technology evolves. It has come to our attention that there were some concerns relating to live instructional sessions which we have recently addressed. We are confident that the steps we have taken will support our mission, enhance our safety and security measures, and result in an improved student experience.
To ensure a consistent focus on teaching and learning, please take note of a few live class session reminders and expectations:
- Students must not change their names in live session to anything other than their proper legal name. If a student does change his or her name, we will identify the student and will take disciplinary action.
- Students must use the live class session chat feature appropriately, which includes limiting chat remarks to on-topic discussions as directed by the classroom teacher.
- Students must not use webcams unless asked to do so by the classroom teacher.
- Students must raise their hand, or indicate their desire to speak using the chat feature, to use the microphone and must be given permission by the classroom teacher.
- Students must not use annotation tools (drawing tools) unless asked to do so by the classroom teacher.
- Students must be respectful of the teacher and his/her classmates at all times.
- It is expected that all students follow all classroom instructions and remain on task.
Failure to follow established class rules will first result in a warning and potential removal from class. A second violation of class rules will result in the school principal being notified and the student being banned from the live class sessions (the student will need to view the class recordings) until the end of the academic quarter.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we work together for the benefit of all students. For questions or concerns related to Zoom security and safety, please email email@example.com
OHDELA Leadership Team
RELEASE OF RECORDS
Students who will not be returning to OHDELA must return their computers in order for records to be released. Until all OHDELA equipment is returned, the School will put a fine of $300 per student on all accounts and records will not be released until the equipment is returned or the fine is paid. To return your school computer, please call 330-252-8870 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OHDELA issues final grades only at the end of the school year for all students in grades K-8. High school final grades are issued upon course completion. Report cards for all students will be mailed out at the end of the year. If you think there is a problem with your report card, please contact your child’s advisor. For students who do not elect to attend OHDELA next year, you must return your computer or a fine will be placed on your account which will prevent the release of your records.
OHDELA and all Ohio Schools test students during the months of October, November, December March, and April. If you are planning any travel during the school year, please plan to be in Ohio during these months. Refer to our Academic Calendar for testing dates. Testing is mandatory. Students who do not test may be subject to withdrawal. Major testing dates are noted on the School’s calendar. Additional dates will be provided for students who are required to take specific tests.
All enrolling students will be required to attend a Live Conference Orientation session, complete an online Orientation Course, and an i-Ready Assessment during their first several days with OHDELA. Students will receive details on these requirements in a Welcome email sent from academic advisors 3-5 days prior to the student’s start date.
The Ohio Department of Health requires specific immunizations prior to school attendance. Although OHDELA is an online school, students are subject to the same vaccination requirements per the Department of Health. Students may not be enrolled without providing proof of immunization. Click here for the full list of Ohio immunization requirements.