Learn More About OHDELA
Do you have questions about transitioning to OHDELA’s online, virtual school? We have the answers you’re looking for!
Answers to our most frequently asked questions are below, or you can call 1-888-878-4530 to speak with an enrollment specialist.
Who can attend OHDELA?
Any students residing in Ohio who are eligible to attend kindergarten through 12th grade and are between the ages of 5 and 21.
How do I enroll in OHDELA?
To start with the application process, click here. If you would like additional information on OHDELA, or have questions, you can contact our admissions department at 1-800-493-8680, Option 1.
How long is the enrollment process?
After completing the online application form, a member of our enrollment team will be in contact with you to go over next steps. Please review our enrollment page for additional details on required documentation needed to complete the application process. After receiving and processing all of the required documents, your student will be pre-registered! Once your student is pre-registered, you will receive a call from our academic advising staff (within 24-48 hours) and receive a laptop in 3-5 business days. Our process is quick and easy so that our students can begin receiving the quality education they deserve!
How much does OHDELA cost?
OHDELA is tuition-free!
What do I receive when I enroll at OHDELA?
Besides a great education, you will receive all the resources and tools you need to set up the perfect learning environment for your student. Learn more about our virtual school and our student resources today.
Will OHDELA cover my Internet expenses?
OHDELA provides internet reimbursement to qualifying families. To determine eligibility, we look at financial qualifications, verification of internet service to the home, and a minimum student engagement level of 90 percent. The amount reimbursed is for $35 and is paid out every quarter. If you feel you meet the requirements for this program, click here to complete the household information survey and a staff member will contact you.
If you want to check the status of your application for internet reimbursement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a typical day like for an OHDELA student?
A typical day for an online student might include:
- Live class session
- Breakout group activity
- Responding by a deadline to discussion questions posted by the teacher
- Completing and sending (by a deadline) an assignment to be graded by the teacher
- Completing an assignment by deadline in a work group comprised of four or five classmates
What does a student need to be successful?
In order to succeed, students need:
- High speed internet
- Parents logging their time
- State testing
- Quiet work/study area
- Adult Guidance
What is a MyChoice account?
MyChoice gives you the opportunity to spend up to $200 per student per school year on supplemental academic programs near you that directly improve the academic achievement of your student at OHDELA, and you could be reimbursed for that expense based on the following criteria:
How a student qualifies:
- Maintain at least an 85% engagement level with the OHDELA program*
- Engagement is automatically tracked through our online programs when students are interacting with the online curriculum environment or attending on-site events and/or testing
- Submit a pre-approval form after July 1, and receive approval prior to starting the program
- Participate in the program between August 15 and April 30
- Submit reimbursement receipts in October, February and May (Payment is mailed November 10, March 10, and June 10)
- Types of supplemental programs that WILL be approved:
- Extra classes in the 4 core areas: English Language Arts, Math, Science, or Social
- Foreign Language class or tutoring
- Types of supplemental programs that WILL NOT be approved:
- Sports programs
- Fine Arts programs or lessons
- School supplies
- If you have any questions, please contact our My Choice Coordinator by phone at 330-362-8283 or email at email@example.com
How can I get in contact with other OHDELA parents in my area?
Parents and students are connecting on the OHDELA Facebook and Twitter pages every day. Like our Facebook page and join the conversation or follow us at twitter.com/OHDELAschool. We also have community groups forming throughout the state of Ohio who engage in activities for the whole family including events hosted by OHDELA!
What events can I attend to meet other OHDELA students?
We provide and direct our parents and students to specific events throughout the year to allow the opportunity for our parents and students to not only meet each other but their teachers and staff as well. While information is provided in OHDELA virtual forums we actively post information about all of our upcoming events on the OHDELA Facebook and Twitter pages.
Where can I get a copy of the parent/student handbook?
You should have received one when you enrolled. If you didn’t you can download a copy here.